Each summer, SoC majors can apply for the internship grants made possible through the generosity of donors. These awards can help offset living expenses over the summer. To be considered for the SoC Internship Award Program, students MUST have a summer internship that is for a minimum of 280 hours worked over the course of summer 2023.
These are the funds supporting the SoC Internship Award Program:
- The Hammerschlag Internship Award | This grant is made possible by the generous donation of the Hammerschlag family, which provides funding to students interning over the summer quarter in any city.
- The Molotsky Internship Award | Because of the generous donation of Barbara Molotsky, the award provides funding to students to help defray the living expenses associated with interning outside of the Chicagoland area. This award is available during the summer quarter. Preference is given to students who are pursuing internships in the fields of marketing, communication, and theatre.
- The WCLV Internship Award | Robert Conrad has generously donated funds to provide funding for students interning over the summer quarter in any market. While all SoC students are welcome to apply, preference is given for students with internships in the radio industry.
- The Bomback Internship Award | Established in 2018 and is made possible through the generosity of Tema and Mark Bomback. It is open to all SoC majors who obtain a summer internship in New York or Los Angeles.
- The Pate Sanders Internship Award | Melissa and Ron Sanders’ gift helps support a student with funds to defray living expenses as they intern in a digital media organization for the summer.
- SoC Experiential Learning Fund | These funds were made possible by a gift from a generous donor to insure that SoC Undergraduate students’ with demonstrated financial need have equal access to out of classroom learning experiences.
How to Apply:
The application period for the above-mentioned internship awards will begin accepting applications through the University’s SES One Form platform. The application is a two-step process. You must first complete the General Application on the SES One Form if you have not done so already. After completing the General Application, you must complete the “SoC Internship Award Program” application, which will have different questions than the General Application.
Applications for the SoC | EPICS Internship Award Program are closed for 2023. Please refer to this page for next year.
For questions or more information about these award programs, please contact EPICS at email@example.com.