Each summer, SoC majors can apply for the following internship grants made possible through the generosity of donors. These awards can help offset living expenses over the summer. Here are award programs that EPICS oversees:
- The Hammerschlag Internship Award | This initiative is made possible by the generous donation of the Hammerschlag family, which provides funding to students interning over the summer quarter in any city.
- The Molotsky Internship Award | Because of the generous donation of Barbara Molotsky, the award provides funding to students to help defray the living expenses associated with interning outside of the Chicagoland area. This award is available during the summer quarter.
- The WCLV Internship Award | Robert Conrad has generously donated funds to provides funding for students interning over the summer quarter in any market. While all SoC students are welcome to apply, preference is given for students with internships in the radio industry.
- The Bomback Internship Award was established in 2018 and is made possible through the generosity of Tema and Mark Bomback. It is open to all SoC majors who obtain a summer internship in New York or Los Angeles.
- Additional funding for the SoC Internship Awards is through the SoC Experiential Learning and Student Experience funds.
How to Apply:
The application period for the above-mentioned internship awards will begin accepting applications through the University’s SES One Form platform on March 14, 2022. The application is a two-step process. You must first complete the General Application on the SES One Form if you have not done so already. After completing the General Application, you must complete the “SoC Internship Award Program” application, which will have different questions than the General Application.
Applications for the SoC | EPICS Internship Award Program will close on April 18, 2022.
For questions or more information about these award programs, please contact EPICS at email@example.com.